Open Face Caprese Sandwich
|Revision Date:||Feb 26, 2017|
|Availability:||Ala Carte, IRD, GNG|
OVEN: Preheated combi oven set to convection, low fan, 500°F.
All food handlers are required to follow all food safety brand standards and comply with all food handling procedures as noted in the ECOSURE audit program.
|1||each||Ciabatta bun, 4", heel only, crown reserved for pimento cheese topping|
|Olive oil. as needed|
|1||fl. oz.||Mozzarella, fresh, sliced|
|3||oz.||Roasted cherry tomatoes|
|⅛||oz.||Basil leaves, fresh, torn 1" pieces|
- Place ciabatta on the sizzle platter, drizzle with olive oil, place in the oven for 2 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Remove and build the sandwich as follows on the cutting board:
- Basil pesto
- Mozzarella cheese
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Slice the sandwich diagonally and place on craft paper lined wood board as shown in the photo, slightly offset.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the sandwich.
- Place the Guest’s chosen side alongside the sandwich.